KBART stands for "Knowledge Base And Related Tools".
- NISO "Best Practice" for the
- Transmission of title lists of e-resources offered by a provider in a package
- Transmission of inventory information / holdings data from a provider for knowledge bases of link resolvers, ERM systems or discovery interfaces.
- Data exchange: "KBART is on data exchange among and between knowledge bases" (see KBART: Knowledge Bases and Related Tools)
- Improvement of data quality exchanged between providers and knowledge bases.
- Complement of existing metadata formats like ONIX-SOH.
- NISO specification (PDF)
- KBART Style Guide (Public version)
- KBART - a publisher'sview (PDF)
- A deep dive into KBart
- ProviderName: Short name of the provider, e.g. Herdt, Springer, Emerald.
- Region/Consortium: Scope of the package.
- Region: If the package is only offered in one country or other regionally definable area, the country or region should be noted here. Example: Springer_Asia-Pacific_Medicine_2013-01-28.txt
- Consortia: If the package is tailored for a consortia, that should be noted here. Example: IOP_NESLi2_Option1-2011_2012-05-31.txt
- If the package is available worldwide "Global" should be added to the file name. Example: TaylorandFrancis_Global_AllTitles_2012-08-30.txt
- PackageName: Name for the package.
- Unique name of the package or vendor unique short name of the package.
- For package with all titles of a provider add "AllTitles" or "AllJournals". Example: TaylorandFrancis_Global_AllTitles_2012-08-30.txt
- YYYY-MM-DD: date of the KBART file in ISO-8601 format
- Tab as separator
- UTF-8 encoded
- Date information according to ISO 8601
- No empty line between header and content
- Titles should be sorted alphabetically
- A title should be listed multiple times if there is a "coverage gap" of at least 12 months
|publication_title||Publication title for serial or monograph. Conference proceedings series titles should be entered as serial titles, while volume titles should be entered as monograph titles.||S/M|
|print_identifier||Print-format identifier. ISSN for serials, ISBN for monographs, etc. Conference proceedings may have serial ISSNs while each proceeding volume may have its own ISBN.||S/M|
|online_identifier||Online identifier. eISSN for serials, eISBN for monographs, etc. Conference proceedings may have serial eISSNs while each proceeding volume many have its own eISBN.||S/M|
|date_first_issue_online||Date of first serial issue available online. Applicable only to serials.||S|
|num_first_vol_online||Number of first volume available online. Applicable only to serials.||S|
|num_first_issue_online||Number of first issue available online. Applicable only to serials.||S|
|date_last_issue_online||Date of last issue available online. Leave blank if coverage is to the present. Applicable only to serials.||S|
|num_last_vol_online||Number of last volume available online. Leave blank if coverage is to the present. Applicable only to serials.||S|
|num_last_issue_online||Number of last issue available online. Leave blank if coverage is to the present. Applicable only to serials.||S|
|title_url||Title-level URL. Applicable to both serials and monograph. For conference proceedings, the
|first_author||First author. Applicable only to monographs.||M|
|title_id||Title identifier. Applicable to both serials and monographs. For conference proceedings, the
|embargo_info||Embargo information. Describes any limitations on when resources become available online.||S/M|
|coverage_depth||Coverage depth. For example, abstracts or full text.||S/M|
|notesNotes||Free-text field to describe the specifics of the coverage policy.||S/M|
|publisher_name||Publisher name. Not to be confused with third-party platform hosting name.||S/M|
|publication_type||Serial or monograph. Use "serial" for journals and conference proceeding series. Use "monograph" for e-books and conference proceeding volumes.||S/M|
|date_monograph_published_print||Date the monograph is first published in print||M|
|date_monograph_published_online||Date the monograph is first published online||M|
|monograph_volume||Number of volume for monograph. Applicable to e-books and conference proceedings. For proceedings, use the volume within the conference proceedings series.||M|
|monograph_edition||Edition of the monograph||M|
|first_editor||First editor, Applicable to monographs, i.e., e-books or conference proceedings volumes.||M|
|parent_publication_title_id||Title identifier of the parent publication. For a conference proceeding volume, the
|preceding_publication_title_id||Title identifier of any preceding publication title. Applicable to serials and conference proceedings series.||S|
Proprietary GOKb fields
|zdb_id||Title ID form ZDB journal database||S|
|last_changed||Date of last change||S/M|
|access_start_date||Date when the title was added the package. Date of earliest possible access via package license||S/M|
|access_end_date||Date when title removed from the package. Date of last possible access via package license||S/M|
|medium||Detailed media type of the publication||S/M|
|DOI of a monograph||DOI identifier or DOI link||M|
|ezb_id||Title ID form ZDB journal database||S|
|monograph_parent_collection_title||Extension for series titles||S/M|
|subject_area||Subject classes. DDC or choose other via namespaces||S/M|
|listprice_eur||List price in Euro (without currency sign) as numerical value||S/M|
|listprice_gbp||List price in British pounds (without currency sign) as numerical value||S/M|
|listprice_usd||List price in US Dollars (without currency sign) as numerical value||S/M|